Warren H. Chin
Call Toll Free
Warren is a shareholder at Eastmoore, Crauwels & DuBose. He assists homeowners and business owners when their insurer denies or undervalues their claim which oftentimes results in bad faith litigation. His practice also focuses on helping catastrophically injured individuals with an emphasis on medical malpractice. In addition, Warren represents clients in selected complex litigation matters such as trust and estate litigation and business litigation.
Warren graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and received book awards (an honor given to the highest grade in the class) in Statutory Interpretation and Comparative Family Law. During law school he was very active on campus serving as: a Member of the Florida Moot Court Team; Editor at Large for the Florida Journal of International Law; President of the Association for Law and Business; and a Teaching Assistant for Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy. In addition, he was a research assistant for Darren Hutchinson (UF's Constitutional Law Professor) and actively participated in drafting "Undignified: The Supreme Court, Racial Justice, and Dignity Claims".
After law school, Warren began his legal career in Miami at one of Florida's largest law firms. He was mentored and supervised by Thomas E. Scott - a former State and Federal Court Judge and U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida. Warren's practice focused on civil defense primarily in federal court. After marrying his law school sweetheart (a local transactional real estate attorney), he moved to Sarasota to be with her and start a family. Warren brings his big law experiences to Sarasota.
Warren was elected by his peers as a Governor of the Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division and proudly represents Sarasota, Manatee and Desoto Counties. Warren is actively involved in the Sarasota community and sits on the following boards: Young Lawyers Division of the Sarasota County Bar Association ("SCBA") and SCBA's Council for Diversity and Inclusion. In his free time Warren enjoys golfing, basketball, and watching the Florida Gators.
- Civil Litigation
- Trial Practice
- Bad Faith
- First-Party Property
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Pittsburgh
- B.A. - 2012
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Civil Litigation, 2019-2022
- SRQ Magazine Top Attorney, 2020-2022
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Award, 2021-2022
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognition 2023 (Insurance Law, Litigation - Trusts and Estates)
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Bar Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Division, 2022 - Present, Board Member
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Board Member, 2019 - Present; Treasurer, 2021; Secretary, 2022
- American Bar Association House of Delegates, Florida Delegate, 2020 - Present
- University of Florida Law Alumni Council, 2020 - Present, Member
- Florida Bar Civil Procedure Rules Committee, 2021 - Present, Member
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Council for Diversity & Inclusion, Board Member, 2018 - Present
- Twelfth Judicial Circuit Bar Grievance Committee, 2022 - Present, Member